One Hexbug Nano Glow-in-the-Dark Micro-Robotic Creature (colors may vary)
- The robotic creature that behaves like a bug!
- Glows in the dark!
- Specimens come in a tube container
- Register and play online
- Mix and match with other Hexbug Nano items!
|Label||Innovation First Labs Inc.
|Manufacturer||Innovation First Labs Inc.
|Publisher||Innovation First Labs Inc.
|Studio||Innovation First Labs Inc.
|Tags||hexbug nano glow-in-the-dark micro-robotic creature colors may vary|
Product description is misleading, too. R. S. Home #2011-01-31
- I have several of the HexBug Nanos, and I have a great time playing with them. They really do resemble tiny, fast moving bugs that race around their habitat. The problem is that the product description for this toy says, "Hexbugs are designed with two touch-sensitive antennae that sense obstacles and direct them to reverse and change direction on their six articulated legs. They re even sound-sensitive! Clap your hand, slap the table or make some other loud noise and your Hexbug will stop and change direction." While that is true of some of the larger HexBugs, it is NOT true of the Nano. The Nano has no antennae, and does not respond to touch or sound. You cannot control where it will go. It can't stop or back up. The Nano has 12 rubber, non-articulated legs which are curved so that the vibrations its body makes produce rapid, forward movement. It has a wedge-shaped head which will cause it to turn slightly when it meets with an obstacle, keeping it from getting stuck against things. The result is a very life-like movement, similar to that of a beetle or a very small hamster. This may not sound very appealing, but they are actually quite charming. Their frantic movements give you the impression that they are "exploring" their world, and you want to see what they "do" next. You can buy one of the specially designed "habitats" for them, or create an obstacle course for them out of a shoebox and small things they can "play" with. (We like to put a small, rubber ball and an empty toilet paper tube in a shoe box and see how long it takes the random motions of the Nano to push the ball through the tube!) These are mesmerizing little toys that are good for hours of fun. A perfect "pet" for a child who is not yet ready for the responsibilities of owning a living animal.
Hexbug Nano is worth it. Sydney Bristow #2011-01-10
- Bought about 7 Hexbug Nanos for nephews ages 3 to 10 and they loved them! We made tracks and mazes and raced them. The Nano is quite tiny (about 1" x 0.5"), and they can end up in very tight places if you let them get away. One got between the dishwasher and the kitchen cabinet and had to be surgically removed! Also, you will need a magnifying glass to read the instructions or change the battery (really).
Great Product - Read the product description Buyer603 #2010-12-17
- This item was exclusive to Brookstone until about December 15th. Brookstone originally listed this product with photos of all available colors. The product description however states that you are getting one Hexbug in a random color. Nowhere on the listing does it say set or set of 5 etc. It is not fair for those who ordered without reading the product description and simply assumed they were getting a set because one of each color is illustrated in the photographs. Red Rocket Hobbies contacted Amazon to have their photos of singles shown and to get the listing updated to make sure people didn't assume.
Amazon has full control over which seller gets to have product information shown on product pages, even if they are wrong. If you want to complain to a company you should contact Brookstone who listed the product in the first place. I hope this helps shed some light on this description problem.
The glow in the dark Hexbugs are very cool toys and are in very limited supply this holiday season. I've never seen them sell for $5 as stated in another review. The market and demand always sets the price everywhere.
Great toy loads of fun batteries dead in 2 hours Pamela M KLine #2011-12-30
- This is a darling toy and the kids have had a great time playing with it.. The bugs came with a battery loaded inside. The battery last 2 hours....I've never had this happen before and at first I thought the toy was broken but no its just really really cheap batteries.too bad they don't respect their own toys any better than to sell it with a 2 hour battery...the toy is actually fun...
A GREAT TOY > MY GRANDSON LOVES THIS!! Carol L. Bailey #2011-11-10
- I purchased this for my youngest grandson, as his older brother already had
one and they fought over it all the time....now they are both happy!!!
Hex bugs S. Dobbs #2011-11-04
- Grandkids ages 2 and 3 love this toy, once they got over being afraid of the vibration! Grandpa enjoyed putting it together to make different layouts.
A big hit amy l newport #2011-10-31
- My nephew spent an hour the day he received this and other hexbug nanos playing with them. He especially liked the fact it was glow in the dark. My sister-in-law says the cat likes them too.
Cool Gadget Juan Carlos #2011-07-25
- Cool little toy. I thought I had lost it when it went under some furniture, but it somehow found its way out. After that I tried again and again and it always finds its way out. just keeps going and going. Pretty cool.
why glow inthe dark hexbugs are cool Kathy Kloske #2011-03-15
- THIS IS AWSOME THIS IS AWSOME THIS IS AWSOME perfect additition to your collection + perfect starter bug.the pattern is really cool and the glow is really strong.BUY THIS